Do you offer insurance for my stuff?
Please note that Stackt has liability in place for each box and piece of furniture to be covered up to £100 but not exceeding £10,000 for all items combined against theft and damage for both moving and storage services. Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing we don't provide coverage for:
- Items which are irreplaceable or of high value requiring specialist storage and or treatment, such as currency, jewellery, bullion, furs, deeds, bonds, securities, works of art, antiques, fine wines, vinyls, items of personal sentimental value, or any other items where the value to You cannot be assessed on a financial basis.
- Electronic items like TVs, laptops and printers.
- Items of personal sentimental value
- Any prohibited items - (see ‘Are there any items Stackt does not store?’).
- Damage caused by the inclusion of liquids, perishable goods or any of the prohibited items listed.
- Electrical or mechanical damage to any appliance, instrument, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage.
- For any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective.
- Fragile items that are not able to be packed into boxes, such as mirrors, frames, lamps, or artwork such as sculptures and paintings.
- Passports, credit or debit cards or important documents (including passports, tenders, share and option certificates).
- Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals.
- Fragile items such as crockery that have not been adequately packaged inside a box with sufficient bubble wrap or packing paper.
- Any other items not packed into double-walled cardboard boxes (excluding furniture items that can’t fit inside a box).
- Normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
- Moth, vermin or similar infestation.
- Changes caused by atmospheric conditions such as dampness, mold, mildew, rusting, tarnishing, corrosion, or gradual deterioration unless directly linked to ingress of water.
- Perishable items (including food and drink whether frozen, chilled or otherwise) and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- Breakage of property packed by the Customer, unless the Box or container shows signs of external damage and Stackt have acted negligently in relation to such damage.
Please contact our customer service team if you require additional coverage.